Anderson leads Mariner JV team to third in Seward
SEWARD - Ethan Anderson raced his way to sixth in the individual standings and helped carry the Homer High School junior varsity team to third in the team standings at the 2017 Frank Dieckgraeff Invitational Meet.
Homer, which had just six athletes participating in the race, finished the meet with 53 points, just seven behind second-place Seward. Soldotna won the JV title with 24 points.
Anderson paced the Mariners with a time of 19 minutes, 59 seconds.
Travis Coffey, Andy Super and Peter Sythe also did well for HHS. All three finished in the top 20. Coffey placed 11th overall with a time of 20:51. Super turned in a personal-best mark of 20:59 and finished 13th, while Sythe was 17th at 21:32. Teammates Hunter Patton and Ancil Chandlier also turned in personal-best marks en route to finishing 23rd and 36th, respectively. Patton finished with a time of 22:58, while Chandlier checked in at 30:34.
Nikolaevsk's Zachary Trail posted the fastest time among all Homer area runners in the race. He finished fifth at 19:47.
Nikolaevsk's Michael Trail was 16th at 21:22.
1. Soldotna 24, 2. Seward 46, 3. Homer 53.
1. John-Mark Pothast, Soldotna 18:46
2. Jack Harris, Soldotna 18:54
3. Jaden Van Dyke, Seward 19:09
4. Chance Reynolds, Soldotna 19:32
5. Zachary Trail, Nikolaevsk 19:47
6. Ethan Anderson, Homer 19:59
7. Jode Sparks, Soldotna 20:03
8. Trapper Allen, Seward 20:05
9. Gavin Wallis, Nikiski 20:37
10. Aaron McCollum, Nikiski 20:44
11. Travis Coffey, Homer 20:51
12. Cole Norcross, Seward 20:53
13. Andy Super, Homer 20:59
13. Anchor Musgrave, Soldotna 20:59
15. Joseph Yourkoski, Nikiski 21:10
16. Michael Trail, Nikolaevsk 21:22
17. Peter Sythe, Homer 21:32
18. Justin McMurray, Seward 21:41
19. John Moriarty, Seward 21:54
20. Egor Sturdy, Seward 22:23